Who else is a proud owner of one of these beauties.
Here are some ‘Pearls of Wisdom’ to consider when setting up a program and working with customers within your external or internal business:
- The most important part of any program is the person performing the data collection and analysis.
- The second most important part of any program is the training given to the person selected.
- 5 years of experience is not the same as 1 year of experience 5 times.
- The most important question you can ever ask is “why”.
- It is important to understand the values of the numbers you are using.
- Physics of the machine is really important.
- You can’t analyse what you don’t know or understand.
- A person may not be stupid, they may just not understand what you are saying.
- 1 times RPM is not always imbalance.
- There are no universal vibration severity limits.
- Absolute amplitude in the frequency domain is relatively useless. Don’t forget the time domain & phase.
- There are no ghost frequencies or unknown frequencies but only frequencies not enough analysed.
- Don’t ignore the potential benefits of chit chat in the crib/break room with the operators and maintenance teams. They know their machines!
- When all else fails, leave the air conditioning, and go examine the operating equipment. Go look, touch, feel, smell and listen to the machinery.