What’s the highest Acceleration levels on Gears you have recorded?
Apologies for the lack of posts over the month, it’s been a very busy time with the family.
This post is a short one just inquiring what levels of Acceleration impacting you have seen in the field from a gear set. This is one I came across a couple of months ago.
- Vibration data was collected with FMax of 10 KHz and Sample rate of 32,768.
- The shaft rotates at 2990 RPM.
- The gears are small and both have 65 teeth, their function is to transfer drive to an oil pump in a gearbox.
- We recorded a Peak to Peak of 51.67 G’s compared to another identical asset running at 9.176 G’s.
- Two weeks later the gears had a functional failure and stopped doing what they’re were designed to do.
This is the 1.3 Second Acceleration Time waveform comparing the suspect unit and an identical unit.
Images of Gears after Functional Failure:
Images of the gears on inspection.
A reliable plant is a safe plant
…..an environmentally sound plant
….. a profitable plant
……a cost-effective plant